Josiah Flaman Preaching // for January 23rd Sunday Gathering
“This statement is very unpleasant; who can listen to it?” -His Disciples “Why do You speak to them in parables?” – His Disciples
Jesus – ישוע (ye-SHU-uh): "to rescue", "to deliver", “He saves”, “Yehova is Salvation”
When Jesus spoke in public,
1. He spoke in parables and in mysterious ways to FULFILL PROPHESY
(Mark 4:11-12, Isaiah 43:8-9, Isaiah 6:9-10, Jeremiah 5:21, Ezekiel 12:2, Matthew 13:14, Luke 8:10, John 12:40, Romans 11:8, Psalm 78:2)
2. TO REACH ALL those who are called by His Name even those who are outside the flock
(Isaiah 43:1,7, Acts 15:17, Revelation 3:20, 2 Chronicles 7:14)
3. To draw SEEKERS to him,
(Jeremiah 29:13, Matthew 7:7-8, Matthew 13:34-35, Deuteronomy 4:29, 1 Chronicles 22:19, Proverbs 8:17, Psalm 9:10, Amos 5:4, Luke 11:9)
1. A woman has $1000 as ten $100 bills but she loses one of them. She goes to her pantry, retrieves some artesian lamp oil and fills her lamp and lights it. She gets her broom and sweeps her whole house, then inch by inch, with her lit lamp searches diligently for the $100 bill. When she finally finds it, she calls all of her friends and invites them and goes to all her neighbours’ houses and invites each of them saying, “Come celebrate with me because I found my lost $100 bill” and throws a huge party. What does the money represent?
2. A man with a metal detector is treasure hunting in an open field. One day he finds a box full of priceless treasures. He takes it and buries it in another field to hide it again. Then he goes and sells all his furniture, and his TV, and his car, and his home, and everything he owns so that he has enough to buy that field where he buried the treasure. What did the man find in the field?
3. There was a man who had two grown sons. He owns company and he hires his oldest son saying, “I need you to go into the office today.” But his son responded by saying, “No, not today” but then later on, he changes his mind and goes in to work. The dad went to his second son and told him the same thing, that he needs him to go into the office and work. The second son responded by saying. “Yes, sir, I will go now.” But he doesn’t go at all. What do his two sons teach us?
The Call to Respond:
But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. – James 1:5
If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send a plague among My people, and MY PEOPLE WHO ARE CALLED BY MY NAME humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place. - 2 Chronicles 7:13-15 (emphasis added by Josiah)
Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring My sons from afar And My daughters from the ends of the earth, EVERYONE WHO IS CALLED BY MY NAME, and whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made.”
Bring out the people who are blind, even though they have eyes, and those who are deaf, even though they have ears. All the nations have gathered together So that the peoples may be assembled. Who among them can declare this and proclaim to us the former things? Let them present their witnesses so that they may be justified, or let them hear and say, “It is true.” “You are My witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and MY SERVANT WHOM I HAVE CHOSEN, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I AM HE. Before me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me. I, only I, am the Lord, and there is no Savior besides me. It is I who have declared and saved and proclaimed, and there was no strange god among you; So, you are My witnesses,” declares the Lord, “And I am God. Even from eternity I am He, and there is no one who can rescue from My hand; I act, and who can reverse it?” -Isaiah 43:5-13 (emphasis added by Josiah)
And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the SON OF MAN BE LIFTED UP, so that everyone who believes will have eternal life in Him. -John 3:14-15 (emphasis added by Josiah)
Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. And I, IF I AM LIFTED UP FROM THE EARTH, WILL DRAW ALL PEOPLE TO MYSELF.” -John 12:31-32 (emphasis added by Josiah)
This is for January 23rd Sunday Gathering, 6:30pm @ 70 Froom Crescent.